What is Lata Medang?
- For the uninitiated (like me), Lata Medang is a popular trekking site in Selangor, about 1 hour away from the city. The waterfall is the main attraction. The track to the waterfall is about 5km of undulating but easy terrain. There is no technical ascending or descending. It is also the entry point to another famous hiking spot called Bukit Kutu.
Where is Lata Medang?
- The nearest landmark will be Kampung Pertak. When you drive from Kuala Kubuh Bharu to Fraser’s Hill, you will see just after Selangor Reservoir, a side road leading to Kampung Pertak.
What do I need to pack?
- A change of clothes. There is a small hut at the parking lot to change after swimming at the waterfall. But there are no toilet facilities.
- Sufficient drinking water. Food is optional as the track is easy. But it will be nice to have some light refreshment after swimming.
- Trail/hiking shoes is not required as the route is easy, but it will be helpful if you have one.
Last advise for first-timers?
- Get here early. By getting here early you can avoid over-crowding the picnic site and swimming area too.
- This place is very popular among hikers as the route is also connected to Bukit Kutu.
- It is advisable to arrive at the parking lot before 8am to avoid the crowd. Most crowds will come after 10am.
- Safety First.
- The rocks at the waterfall are slippery and the water current can be strong at times. Look out and follow the warning signs.