Weigh loss can be difficult if we don’t understand why we need to lose weight. It can also be confusing if we don’t know how.
But before you jump into any plans to lose weight, you need to keep in mind that weight loss is permanent.
Here are some points that you need to consider before starting your weight loss plan.
- Get out of the Ideal weight/look mentality: Be realistic. Genetics play a big role into how we lose/gain weight and how we look.
- Assess why you need to lose weight: Is it for health issue or just to follow trends?
- Commitment: Don’t break the promises you make with your body. Losing and gaining weight again and again can cause more harm than good.
- Dieting stress: Are you able to handle dieting? Are you going to follow random diets? Never follow diets that are based on one food group or takes out an important food group out of your meal. Always be supervised by a professional.
- Make slow and steady plans
- Assess diet / exercise needs
Here is a video for you that further explains the mentioned points. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.