Kaching Waterfall is within 1 hour drive from Klang Valley area. If you have half day to spare, you can spend 3-4 hours hiking and enjoy the waterfalls there. It can improve your mood and simply refreshing.
Getting to Kaching Waterfall was easy. Just set your Google Map or Waze to Kanching Rainforest Waterfall & Recreational Forest. The area is managed by Tourism Selangor and you need to pay RM2/person when you park your car there. I arrive the park around 10am, and there were not many cars as to compared to when we left at 12:30pm. There was a stall by the entrance where you could buy drinks and packed food.
[huge_it_slider id=”39 “]
As you walk in from the car park, you would pass an area where you can take pictures with trained colorful birds for RM20 per person. You’d start seeing monkeys as you walk further. So please make sure food and personal belongings are secured with you.
There were 7 stages of Kanching falls. My party and I hiked to level 6 only.The hike was pretty easy if you are used to going up the stairs, but steep enough to make you sweat a lot. The hike to 6th level took us 45 minutes, and that included stopping and taking pictures at other levels. Try hike to level 7 as I didn’t think it is all that difficult.
If you prefer a big pool to dip in and a covered huts to settle at, level 4 could be a good spot to picnic. We spent time at level 6 for half and hour, taking a dip and letting the falls gushing our back. We had a bit of snack and hiked back.
There were more people hiking up the trail after 12 noon, some with small children, bringing floats and picnic baskets in hands. Changing area and toilets were at level 1 area. The water at the park was clean and refreshing and the park well maintained.
Safety & Environment Protection Reminders:
- Wear proper hijab and clothing for safety reasons. A hijabi with long hijab suffocated in the water because her hijab covered her face while in water and she was unable to remove it. Too loose and long clothing may be hazardous if stuck in water.
- Wear proper shoes or aqua shoes with good grip if you plan to hike steep area. Waterfall area can be slippery
- Take care of your food and do not litter. Food and leftovers that are left behind at waterfall area can attract scavengers like rats, lizards and crows.
- Use water at changing area for cleaning. Do not use water from the river to clean dishes and other items
- Do not leave anything behind.
Plan your weekend for a waterfall hike and bring back a boost of positive vibes. Commonwealth Forest Park is 6 km away from Kanching Waterfalls. You can plan to visit both if you like.