Chafing is not new to active ladies. It is a scratch mark caused by repetitive rubbing, not only between sweaty or salty skin and clothes, but also in between folds or sagging skin. Often times, you only realise when you shower after activities as you scream in pain. They are painful and not pretty.
You can call it warrior scar or sports tattoo, but here are some tips that can save you the pain :
- Wear a sports bra with a good fit and provides the right support. Just like your feet swells during a long run, so does other parts of your body. Give some allowances for your chest area for long hour workout.
2. Wear good quality sports bra that is made of sweat-wicking fabric and dries fast. Replenish sports bra when you have to. Sports bra worn out too, just like your shoes.
3. Remove any tags or labels on your sports bra. The more seamless, the better.
4. Apply sports lubricant on sports bra line. This includes underneath your breast, back, and around the arms.
5. Hydrate body well to avoid crystal salt build-up when you sweat. Crystal salt on certain areas can cause chafing too.
6. Get out of soaky sports bra fast.
7. Rinse and clean your body fast during and after workout. When you have too much salt on your body, rinse it off fast to avoid salt rubbing onto skin.
Other than bra area, other areas prone to chafing for women are in between thigh, crotch and armpit. Whether it is in a cold or hot weather, you can apply the same tips as above for those area.
Chafing can be avoided, so when you are planning to sweat a lot and have a long hour workout, be prepared!
Sharing is contributed by Nashata Runners