How is trail running different from road running? Do you need to wear a different type of sports hijab? What are the considerations when you shop for trail run sports hijab? Here are some tips and sharing for you.
Three Main Differences Between Road and Trail Runs
- Trail run takes you onto different types of terrain, paths and weather. You may have to run in between trees and shrubs with sharp twigs sticking out from different angles, across a river, under fallen branches or trees, over slippery rocks and tree roots, and many more unexpected conditions. For your safety and comfort, you need to wear a snug fit, all weather sports hijab.
- Trail runs are longer, not just n distance but also duration. Typically, it takes almost two times longer than road running for the same distance. For example, if it is takes 30 minutes for you to run 5km on road, it may take you almost an hour to complete the same distance on trail. Furthermore, with elevations, you will sweat more, so, be prepared to get drenched. Trail runs are long hours and you may need to run with many mandatory items like hydration bag, headlamps and others. Therefore, you’d need to wear sports hijab that is breathable, lightweight and preferably multi-functional. An example of multi-function is that the sports hijab can be used as towel or wristband, like the Raazglove headwear
- Trail run offers you unexpected conditions. You may be running alone, surrounded by nature that looks the same throughout your run. With slightest mistake of a turn, although not far, you may find yourself lost. You do not need camouflage effect when you run in trail. It is important to wear outfits that are visible so that others can easily see you.
Six considerations when you choose trail run sports hijab:
- Snug fit – design that snugs nicely onto your head, neck and body to avoid any garment gets stick to twigs, branches or trapped in between items. Avoid shawl or headwear that floats in the air.
- All weather – The fabric of the sports hijab need to suit many types of weather – hot and humid, cold and rain, windy and foggy.
- Lightweight and breathable – With the elevation and long hours, you need to make sure your sports hijab is lightweight, breathable and fast drying.
- *Visible – this is a nice to have factor. Choose headwear that is visible and if you plan to run in the dark, having reflective elements on headwear is useful
- *Multi-functional – this is another nice to have consideration. The more functions the headwear has for you, the better – so that you can run light.
- *Durable – Choose breathable yet strong fabric that can withstand harsh weather and rough conditions can last longer.
* indicates nice to have.
The table below evaluates nine sports hijab of Nashata that is functional for trail run. The Raazglove headwear and the Iman sports hijab are the top two, followed by Raazniq headwear, Amina Sports Hijab, Hooda Ellipse Sports Hijab and Crop Toplectic. There is an ample selection for you to choose from based on your preferences.
|No||Sports Hijab||Snug fit||All- weather||Breathable, lightweight||*Durable||*Multi- functional|
|2||Iman Sports Hijab||√||√||√||√|
|3||Amina Sports Hijab||√||√||√||√|
|9||Mumtaz Tunes Extended||√||√|
Run safe, protect your head and keep comfy at your trail runs!