WOW Run is around the corner and we hope you are all set to have loads of fun! For a smooth and exciting experience, kindly go through the info provided below.
Date: 25 Oktober 2015 (Sunday)
Time: 06:45am – 9:30am
Venue: Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC), Cyberjaya
6:45am : Warm Up
7:00 am : Flag Off by Datin Paduka Marina Mahathir
7:30 am : Zumba by Aida Mohd
8:15 am : Fitness Challenges & Prize Giving
8:30 am : Women Empowerment Dialogue Session on Leadership at Bunga Raya Auditorium MDeC
9:30 am : End
Here are the updates!
- Your racekit will be shipped to you 19 October onwards via POSLAJU. It takes 1 or 2 working days to reach you.
Please update your shipping address to ensure someone can receive your pack.
- The running BIB will be on your shirt. Please run in the running shirt on that day to ensure you get to collect your medal at finishing line.
Only finishers running in the WOW RUN tee will get the medal.
- We will provide you event layout and agenda in the race kit
- ALL REGISTERED participants will get a SPECIAL hand balloon.
Please pick it up from the Food Counter after Warm Up Session
- Multimedia Development Corporation
Address : 2360, Persiaran APEC, 63000 Cyberjaya, Selangor
- GPS Location
Latitude : 2.9224, Longtitude : 101.659
- Here’s the directions on Waze.
- Masjid Raja Haji Fi Sabilillah
It is located along Persiaran Semarak Api, Cyberjaya.
Here’s the direction on Waze
- Surau @ Balai Bomba & Penyelamat, Cyberjaya
It is located along Persiaran Apec, Cyberjaya.
Here is the direction on Waze
There are four areas we suggest you to park at:
- Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC) Internal Parking Area.
Our venue sponsor, the Multimedia Development Corporation will allow parking within their compound if you arrive before 6:40 am. After which, you need to park at other designated areas.
If you park at this area, due to safety, we will only allow you to leave after 8:15 am; when all runners have reached finish line.
- Cottage Drive
Take immediate left after you pass MDeC building to get into the Cottage Drive. You will see KFC, Nandos Chicken, Pizza Hut and PappaRich along this road.
- Jalan Teknokrat 6
- Jalan Impact
4. EVENT LAYOUT
- Drop Bag Area
Open from 6:30am – 9:30am
- Food Counter
Open from 7:30am – 9:30am. You can enjoy your food at the eating area. It is a nice lawn by the fish pond.
- Zumba Area
Don’t forget to run fast to Zumba on time. It starts from 7:30am – 8:15am
Any girls can join the zumba. No registration is required.
- Medic / Ambulans
Paramedic & ambulans will be stations at event site, while one paramedic at water station
- Medal Collection
Medal Collection is at the counter next to Bunga Raya Auditorium. You need to enter MDeC building to go to the Auditorium.
Only registered runners who finish the run are entitled for medal.
There is a photobooth close to the sponsors area. Get all the fun & exciting shots here!
Open from 7:30am – 9:30am
- Sponsors Area
Open from 7:30am – 9:30am
- Women Dialogue Session by Gorgeous Geeks
Starts at 8:30 am – 9:30am
- Speakers Area
This is for holding area for Women Dialogue Speakers
- MDeC Parking
You can only park in this area if you arrive before 6:40am.
If you park at this area, due to safety, we will only allow you to leave after 8:15 am when all runners have reached finish line
There are 3 toilet areas in MDeC building.
5. THE ROUTE
- The run/walk starts and finishes at MDeC.
- The water station is at the bus stop, right after SM Seri Puteri.
- One paramedic will be at the water station
- For safety,
- Please keep left while running at all times
- You are encouraged to run on the running path by the road
- We will mobilize sweepers to pick up last runners along the route 8:30 am onward
- There will be many marshalls on bike and foot to support you. If you need any assistance, just let them know.
- Enjoy the run and do take a lot of pictures.
- Use #WOWRUNMY when you share pictures so that we can find you. More info on Prizes Section below.
- Prizes for Challenges
After ZUMBA, we are going to throw a challenge to all ladies
1. Longest Plank
2. Highest # of Burpees
3. Highest # of Push Ups
- The winner for each challenge will get a month FREE membership at the CURVES worth RM547.
- Prizes for RunWithInsta Competition: #WOWRUNMY
1. Most creative photo
2. Most funny photo
3. Run strong photoMake sure you use hashtag #WOWRUNMY when you share photos on instagram.
Competition starts 6:45am till 8:15am.
- The winner of each category gets a pack of Personal Care Products from Good Virtues worth RM216
7. WOMEN DIALOGUE SESSION : Leadership by Gorgeous Geeks
We have put together an WOW-some WOMEN for you from diverse background. COME, JOIN US and CONVERSE
- This session is limited to 50 pax only. Secure your seats HERE NOW!
- Time : 8:30 am – 9:30 am
- Venue : Bunga Raya Auditorium, MDeC
- Dato Ng Wan Peng – COO, MDeC
- Karen Loh – Founder, Malaysia Women Marathon
- Datin Paduka Marina Mahathir – Woman Activist
- Anne Abraham – Advocate and Supporter for Women Leadership Development (TBC)
- Moderator : Nadiah Tan Abdullah , HR Director, Experian Malaysia
8. A WELLNESS RUN
We run & exercise for a better health, and your wellness is important to us.
- We are expecting a good weather on that day, but should the air quality index is unhealthy; i.e, API reading for Putrajaya on http://apims.doe.gov.my/v2/ is above 100 on running day (as of 1 am 25th October), the run will be cancelled. However, zumba will be moved indoor & the women empowerment dialogue session will continue as scheduled. You can pick up the goodie bags and medal at MDeC on event day from 7:30am – 9:30am.
- The run will continue should the API reading is below 100, and we encourage all runners to bring and wear mask if the API is between 50 and 100.
- Should it rain, WOW RUN shall continue.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
See you soon!