There are two ways to get to the top of Kledang Hill in Menglembu, Perak; on tarmac road or trail. With an elevation of 808 meters, the Kledang Hill can be spotted from Ipoh city. It houses four broadcast stations on top of the hill.
I took the easiest route, a 7 km walk up on a tarmac from the main car park area. (map) There were many people hiking up the hill over the weekend from all walks of life; young and old. As you ascend, you will see lesser people and more friendly faces. If you walk non-stop, you could reach the top within 1.5 hours. You will reach a T junction when you are about 1km away from the top. Take left if you want to reach the top. Both paths take you to broadcast stations.
- Wear suitable shoes, especially if you choose to go on the trail route. If you are not used to walking or running down the hill, don’t rush.
- Bring enough water, especially during hot weather
- Bring energy bars or other lightweight food to fuel up yourself
- Put on or bring along sun block as the round trip journey would take 3 hours
- Come early if you don’t want to get caught in the sun.
- The climb is pretty easy so keep moving and do not give up. There are many stops with shades and good views for you to rest at
Some facts on elevation of other popular hills which are about 3 hours away from Bukit Kledang :
- Bukit Gasing : 160 meters
- Bukit Tabur 396 meters
- Bukit Broga 400 meters
- Bukit Saga 402 meters
So, if you want to try out higher elevation go climb and forest bathe at Bukit Kledang. If you have 3-4 hours to spare while in Ipoh, just hike up and concur the hill! Go for an injury-free hike!
As for me, I will go back to Kledang Hill again, but the next time on a trail route.