There are two ways to get to the top of Kledang Hill in Menglembu, Perak; on tarmac road or trail. With an elevation of 808 meters, the Kledang Hill can be spotted from Ipoh city. It houses four broadcast stations on top of the hill.
I took the easiest route, a 7 km walk up on a tarmac from the main car park area. (map) There were many people hiking up the hill over the weekend from all walks of life; young and old. As you ascend, you will see lesser people and more friendly faces. If you walk non-stop, you could reach the top within 1.5 hours. You will reach a T junction when you are about 1km away from the top. Take left if you want to reach the top. Both paths take you to broadcast stations.
- Wear suitable shoes, especially if you choose to go on the trail route. If you are not used to walking or running down the hill, don’t rush.
- Bring enough water, especially during hot weather
- Bring energy bars or other lightweight food to fuel up yourself
- Put on or bring along sun block as the round trip journey would take 3 hours
- Come early if you don’t want to get caught in the sun.
- The climb is pretty easy so keep moving and do not give up. There are many stops with shades and good views for you to rest at
[huge_it_slider id=”19 “]
Some facts on elevation of other popular hills which are about 3 hours away from Bukit Kledang :
- Bukit Gasing : 160 meters
- Bukit Tabur 396 meters
- Bukit Broga 400 meters
- Bukit Saga 402 meters
So, if you want to try out higher elevation go climb and forest bathe at Bukit Kledang. If you have 3-4 hours to spare while in Ipoh, just hike up and concur the hill! Go for an injury-free hike!
As for me, I will go back to Kledang Hill again, but the next time on a trail route.