Ramadhan is the most efficient way to keep your body fit and healthy while at the same time drawing closer to Allah s.w.t.. During this period of month is when people usually grab the opportunity to discipline themselves physically and mentally. Variety ways people tried to find the best diet for maintaining their body shape, but the best way to maintain your body fitness is through following our Prophet’s style of eating habits.
In a timeless hadith of our Prophet regarding healthy eating habits, he mentions:
“A human being fills no worse vessel than his stomach. It is sufficient for a human being to eat a few mouthfuls to keep his spine straight. But if he must (fill it), then one third of food, one third for drink and one third for air.” [Ibn Majah]
We all surely have the same thought of losing weight during Ramadhan. Yes indeed, we should be focusing on our deeds for the sake of Allah s.w.t.. But notice this. Does our body gets thinner or fatter? Admit it, most of us eats according to our lust and appetite when breaking fast. Neglecting the nutritional balanced diet and body health? That’s a typical situation for someone that starves through out the day. Then, we regret eating too much and not knowing what to do about it. Tarawih prayers helps to balance back the physical condition of our body. But for some, that is not enough. We usually get too little physical movement during Ramadhan. Well, here are some tips that may boost in losing weight while collecting deen, as exercise is also one of the ibadah.
Follow these 5 tips for a fit healthier body in Ramadhan
1. Planning physical activity
- Do 15-45 minutes of light exercise such as walking, house chores, gardening, and etc. It is good for blood circulation during fasting.
- Less sleep. More sunnah prayer. Probably burn 60-80 calories (according to your weight) with prayers 5 times or 17 rakaah.
- Tarawih prayers is also an exciting physical activity your strength. Try to calculate how many calories you burn when you do 20 rakaah Tarawih prayers? On average, one burns 4 calories performing one rakaah.
- Did you know that you can burn 50-80 calories during one hour of reading? Read the Quran in wherever you are. It keeps you alert and your mind can also be sharpened.
2. Eat at appropriate amount of calorie
- Taking of 1200-2000 calories per day
- While fasting, we still have to calculate in detail the calorie content of each food. Do not forget two dates contain at least 45 calories. If you take 10 dates, you have to take at least 225 calories.
- Eat as usual. Eat moderately. No need to exaggerate your diet during fasting.
3. Breaking fast with easy-lose-weight food
- Eat fruits that contain lots of fiber and vitamins
- Eat foods high in fiber and protein to balance blood sugar, eliminates hunger and excessive eating
- Avoid fried and greasy
4. Control the rate of water intake
- Drink with content appropriate to the weight
- Avoid salty foods because it can increase thirst during the day
- Avoid icy drink or drink excessively during the break
- However you need to drink a lot to ensure you remain hydrated during the day
5. Plan your diet
- Morning wake up and take enough food and drink for a day of fasting supplies
- Buy and prepare nutritious food and adequate bersahur rates
- Avoid wasting food by
- If you feel like wearing a great fit next month, do not forget to nutrition and health care in the month of Ramadan this.