Assalamualaikum & greetings,
2016 is leaving us soon with unforgettable memories; the medals and mileages we have earned, weight and body fat we have trimmed along the way. For some of us, what brings us joy is when we make new friends and spend quality time having active lifestyles with family and friends. After all, fitness is a journey, not a destination. With all the reflections and lessons learned, I would like to congratulate you for the achievements and thank you for being with us.
Alhamdulillah, 2016 has been a great year for fit hijabi and Nashata. This August, 33 Olympians in hijab competed strong at Rio 2016. We also featured top 11 yogini in hijabi across the globe who inspire ordinary ladies like me to keep trying to do the extraordinary. At Nashata, we work from dusk to dawn and happy to have released many innovative designs and products that have helped our sisters to enjoy an active lifestyle. The Nashata Hooda Sports Hijab, Modest Yoga Suit, Azza Toplectic and Nashata Sibaha Swimwear are the main innovative activewear that not only modest but help our sister to improve performance. The final release for 2016 is the Dusk collection of the all-time-favourite Riada Nahl and Riada Peplum.
Modest . Active . Stylish
We are excited with 2017 and have more exciting plans #ForABetter2017.
- Follow our store-based instagram for a better shopping experience at @nashatastore. We will continue to share exciting and inspiring moments of our modest sisters having active lifestyles at nashatadotcom instagram.
- We have more innovative products in the pipeline for you – swimwear, performance wear and some special products for our sisters who have been sharing with us your concerns. Please continue to have conversations with us. You can email me at email@example.com.
- Giving more TLC to our ever-supportive customers. We heart ❤ you! So please subscribe to our newsletter and follow our social media sites for updates. facebook, nashatastore, nashatadotcom and twitter. We don’t want you to miss special deals for our valuable customers.
#ForABetter2017 Discount for our Customers
On that note, to kick-start the year, we are offering 10% discount when you shop at nashata.com till the 31st January 2017. To get the discount, use vouchercode ForABetter2017 when you check out.
So what are your fitness goals #ForaBetter2017? As for me, these are the 3 keys ones.
- Improve Fitness Level ?
- Improve speed
I want to be able to swim and run faster and longer. My average speed is 6.5 min/km and I would like to improve to 6 min/km for 5km run.
- Reduce body fat percentage from acceptable level to fitness level.
This seems to be a hard thing to do. More info on body fat here.
- Increase strength
Especially my abdomen and thigh areas.
- Make Fitness ? as a Routine
- Workout at least 3 times a week, one hour per training
The challenge is to find time. I get an hour in the morning before I start work. I take turns with my husband to send kids to school, so that we get our ME-time to exercise.
- Cross training – swim or yoga at least once a week
Yoga helps improve my strength and flexibility while swimming improves my stamina. I tend to do yoga more often as it is less time consuming.
- Weekend workout with family
It is a fun thing to do. I take my family climb a hill, run, cycle or any activities other feels like trying out. And the list goes on.
Escape with Family
- Support family & friends ? to be healthy
- Encourage others to stay fit, run with them or ask them to run with you. I do that with family members. My friends are way ahead than me and they push me forward.
- Share tips and tricks with family and friends. For example, I add an additional soles in my running shoes to support my knees and legs to avoid knee injury and I do share it with my friends with knee pain.
- Prepare and have healthy meals with family and friends
Purchase healthy food for your office like apples and banana, and dine at restaurants that serve healthier options.
Do share your fitness goals with other on social media by adding #ForABetter2017 & #nashata. We are giving away special vouchers worth RM100 each for best posts.
As the year 2016 winds down, let’s reward ourselves for all the effort and let’s look forward and hope #ForABetter2017. InsyaAllah.
Happy New Year!
✌ & ❤,